changes how Qt4 is found in trunk/kdelibs/

Simon Hausmann hausmann at kde.org
Fri Apr 7 12:53:41 CEST 2006

On Friday 07 April 2006 11:25, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> On Wednesday, 5. April 2006 16:37, Simon Hausmann wrote:
> > pkg-config --variable=moc_location QtCore
>
> I'm not very fluent in existing practices with pkg-config, but wouldn't
> this variable be named something like moc_bindir instead?

By the name I would expect moc_bindir to return the directory moc is located
in. But in this case we're struggling with distros renaming moc to moc-qt4,
so moc_location returns the full file path, not just the directory.

It seems people store all sorts of variables in .pc files. Here's valgrind.pc
for example:

prefix=/usr
exec_prefix=${prefix}
libdir=${exec_prefix}/lib
includedir=${prefix}/include/valgrind
arch=amd64
os=linux
platform=amd64-linux
valt_load_address=0x70000000

Name: Valgrind
Version: 3.1.0-Debian
Requires:
Libs: -L${libdir}/valgrind/amd64-linux -lcoregrind -lvex -lgcc
Cflags: -I${includedir}

Simon