problem with deps in kdebase

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Thu Apr 6 22:39:02 CEST 2006

On Thursday 06 April 2006 20:09, Benjamin Reed wrote:
> I'm trying to get a working build of kdebase on Mac.  I've merged the
> relevant bits in trunk/kdebase to my local copy of
> branches/work/bleedingedge/kdebase:
>
> M      cmake/modules/FindLdap.cmake
> M      kdesu/kdesud/CMakeLists.txt
> M      kdesu/kdesu/CMakeLists.txt
>
> When I build, I get an error with the new app-bundle stuff:

Does the app-bundle work for you otherwise ?

> ---(snip!)---
> mini:~/cvs/build/kdebase ranger$ make VERBOSE=1
> /opt/cmake/bin/cmake -H/Users/ranger/cvs/kdebase
> -B/Users/ranger/cvs/build/kdebase --check-build-system
> CMakeFiles/Makefile.cmake 0
> make -f CMakeFiles/Makefile2 all
> make -f kdesu/kdesu/CMakeFiles/kdesu.dir/build.make
> kdesu/kdesu/CMakeFiles/kdesu.dir/depend
> make[2]: Nothing to be done for `kdesu/kdesu/CMakeFiles/kdesu.dir/depend'.
> make -f kdesu/kdesu/CMakeFiles/kdesu.dir/build.make
> kdesu/kdesu/CMakeFiles/kdesu.dir/build
> make[2]: Nothing to be done for `kdesu/kdesu/CMakeFiles/kdesu.dir/build'.
> make -f libkonq/CMakeFiles/konq.dir/build.make
> libkonq/CMakeFiles/konq.dir/depend
> make[2]: Nothing to be done for `libkonq/CMakeFiles/konq.dir/depend'.
> make -f libkonq/CMakeFiles/konq.dir/build.make
> libkonq/CMakeFiles/konq.dir/build make[2]: *** No rule to make target
> `kdesu/kdesu/kdesu', needed by `lib/libkonq.dylib.4.2.0'.  Stop.
> make[1]: *** [libkonq/CMakeFiles/konq.dir/all] Error 2
> make: *** [all] Error 2
> ---(snip!)---
>
> It looks like somehow it thinks it has a dependency on "kdesu" instead
> of "kdesu.app".
>
> Any idea how to fix this?  i'm not sure where in the kde macros it's
> getting this mixed up dependency.

It probably mixed up the kdesu library with the kdesu executable, since there
is a target named "kdesu" in the project (kdebase).
I renamed the target "kdesu" to "kdesu_executable" and set the property
"OUTPUT_NAME" to kdesu, so the executable has the expected name, but the
target name can't be mixed up with the name of the kdesu library.

Bye