Fwd: Re: Can't compile kdelibs with cmake

David Faure faure at kde.org
Tue Apr 4 22:17:49 CEST 2006

Something going wrong in the Qt4 detection?  **Unknown***10000  looks fun :)

Subject: Re: Can't compile kdelibs with cmake
Date: Tuesday 04 April 2006 22:08
From: Eduard Bachmakov <e.bachmakov at googlemail.com>
To: kde-devel at kde.org

Am Dienstag, 4. April 2006 20:09 schrieb David Faure:
> On Tuesday 04 April 2006 17:04, Eduard Bachmakov wrote:
> > I just don't understand why it doesn't work...
> >
> > Here's the output:
> >
> > kdedev at linuxmachine:~/src/kde$ ls
> > arts   kdebase  kdelibs-build  kdesupport  l10n  qt-copy
> > build  kdelibs  kdenonbeta     kdewebdev   log   successfully-built
> > kdedev at linuxmachine:~/src/kde$ cd kdelibs-build
> > kdedev at linuxmachine:~/src/kde/kdelibs-build$ cmake ../kdelibs
> > kdelibs requires an out of source build. Please create a separate build
> > directory and run 'cmake path_to_kdelibs [options]' there.
>
> You probably need to remove CMakeCache.txt from kdelibs; otherwise
> launching cmake from elsewhere still launches cmake in the srcdir like
> before.

Thank you very much! The cache was the problem. But now I have a new one:

kdedev at linuxmachine:~/src/kde/build/kdelibs$ cmake ../../kdelibs
-- Check for working C compiler: gcc
-- Check for working C compiler: gcc -- works
-- Check size of void*
-- Check size of void* - done
-- Check for working CXX compiler: c++
-- Check for working CXX compiler: c++ -- works
-- This is a SVN repository
-- Using Buildname: Linux-c++
CMake Error: Error in cmake code at
/home/kdedev/src/kde/kdelibs/cmake/modules/FindQt4.cmake:203:
MATH cannot parse the expression: "**Unknown***10000 + **Unknown***100 +
**Unkno                        wn**": syntax error, unexpected exp_TIMES,
expecting exp_OPENPARENT or exp_NUMBE                        R (1)
Warning: QT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE reported QT_INSTALL_LIBS as **Unknown**
Warning: **Unknown** does NOT exist, Qt must NOT be installed correctly.
Qt libraries, includes, moc, uic or/and rcc NOT found!
-- Configuring done
kdedev at linuxmachine:~/src/kde/build/kdelibs$

All that I understand is that there is a parsing error... Does that mean it is
bad made (probably bad english :-) I mean an error in the code?
Or can't it find my Qt-copy? But I'm sure the path to it is in
the .bash_profile...