Troubles building Qt 4.1.1

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Tue Apr 4 16:06:35 CEST 2006

Maarten Th. Mulders wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>as advised by David Faure, I applied the patches from
>trunk/qt-copy/patches to my version of Qt (4.1.1). I had applied the
>MSVC-patches before. Now, Qt doesn't (re)build, it exits with a linker
>error when linking all files in src/gui/kernel.
>
>error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual __thiscall
>QActionWidgetFactory::~QActionWidgetFactory(void)"
>(??1QActionWidgetFactory@@UAE at XZ)
>
>and
>
>error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual void
>__thiscall QActionWidgetFactory::destroyToolBarWidget(class QWidget *)"
>(?destroyToolBarWidget at QActionWidgetFactory@@UAEXPAVQWidget@@@Z)
>
>Appearently, those two functions can't be found for some reason. Does
>anybody know how to fix this? Or, if not, where to ask for support?

Please make sure that patch 0119 is applied correctly. It's the one that
adds those.

The fact that you're getting the undefined error in the first place means
that the header is patched. Please check that qaction.cpp is patched too.

  thiago.macieira (AT) trolltech.com     Trolltech AS
    GPG: 0x6EF45358                   |  Sandakerveien 116,
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C          |  NO-0402
    966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358          |  Oslo, Norway