nightly and continuous build for OSX -- now what?

William A. Hoffman billlist at nycap.rr.com
Sat Apr 1 22:49:23 CEST 2006

At 02:29 PM 4/1/2006, Benjamin Reed wrote:

>I do have another question; the continuous .cmake file I based my
>stuff on is using a loop of 36000 seconds (10 hours).  How are you
>guys setting this up to run?  Do you wrap it in a script that does a
>while true?  Do you call it every 12 hours, and just leave some leeway
>to avoid overlap?

We usually run the continuous once a day.  So, it will be running
for only 10 hours a day.   The idea is to run it when svn is most active.
Then the nightly builds will catch the other stuff.  You do not want an
overlap, as that would cause errors for sure.

The nightly close time, can of course be changed for KDE.  I guess you could
look at the stats for svn and see when the most active hours are, and try
to set the times right for this project.

-Bill