[FEATURE REQUEST] CMake and Colors

Michael Pyne michael.pyne at kdemail.net
Sat Apr 1 10:39:51 CEST 2006

On Friday 31 March 2006 14:20, Allen Winter wrote:
> Another alternative:  put KDE4Defaults.cmake into the admin directory.
> And since the admin directory is imported into each modules repository
> we get the duplication for free.

I'd rather that modules wouldn't need an admin directory to compile.  i.e.
kdelibs is required to be installed, kdelibs should supply the admin
directory as well.

It would not only make my life easier as kdesvn-build author, it would make it
easier to distribute KDE applications from source (i.e. all the stuff on
kde-apps.org).  I understand that the /admin directory with CMake isn't
likely to approach the current 600Kb compressed /admin directory we have (and
that 3rd party authors must distribute).  But it just doesn't make sense not
to have the tools/files needed to compile KDE applications not installed
along with kdelibs.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne