very basic SConfigure support available

Stephan Kulow coolo at kde.org
Mon Oct 24 13:36:14 CEST 2005

Am Montag, 24. Oktober 2005 12:04 schrieb Ralf Habacker:
> Am Sonntag, 23. Oktober 2005 09:16 schrieb Stephan Kulow:
> > On Sunday 23 October 2005 02:01, Ralf Habacker wrote:
> > > conf.cheaders += "unistd.h"
> >
> > This shows clearly that it will suck as you need to know very well about
> > white spaces. I think strings are a dead end here.
>
> Do you have take a deeper look in the class  PackageConfiguration ? There
> is support for dealing with spaces

Then you can just as well write = "unistd.h". But why not make it a list right
away in the internal implementation? My point is less of this can be handled,
I'm more talking about the API, e.g. does the user/author of the code
understand what he's supposed to do?

> The parser is an initial play ground to see what kind of runtime issues
> could be to be able to check if the proposal is a good design. Before we
> have something to play with we are only on the green table. :-)
You misunderstood me. I'm aware that this is a play ground, my point I dislike
the general idea of the syntax. And I was disagreeing with the syntax already
before you wrote your initial parser.

Greetings, Stephan