Portable build solution

Stephan Kulow coolo at kde.org
Mon Oct 17 19:52:44 CEST 2005

On Monday 17 October 2005 19:34, Albert Chin wrote:
> Not reading the kde-devel list much, I just found out about the new
> build system based on SCons. We've built KDE on Solaris, HP-UX, Tru64
> UNIX, IRIX, and Redhat Linux (took a stab at AIX as well but, while we
> had some of it compiled, it didn't work). I'm hoping the new build
> system will be portable to these systems. All I know about bksys I've
> read at:
Hi Albert!

I very much hope you will join us early in trying to find out. Currently it's
a lot in motion, but it's a good time to start playing with it. Just grab e.g.
the latest version of kdissert and see what problems arise. We're far from
being able to tell you it will work, but without your early testing we won't
get this going. And yes, libtool will die in the way you know it, so all
features not yet in scons have to be added.

Greetings, Stephan

Hasiti Lapé Hetep Malu Mир Wolakota Santiphap Irini Peoch
Shanti Vrede Baris Rój Mír Taika Rongo Sulh Py'guapy 평화