Exporting symbols

Jarosław Staniek js at iidea.pl
Mon Oct 17 09:57:32 CEST 2005

Christian Ehrlicher said the following, On 2005-10-17 07:47:

> Do I understand correct that scons/bksys generates a define MAKE_KICE_LIB
> for every lib so there is no need to define this in SConstruct?
 > How should I
 > handle the export macros?

1. No, probably this will be the case in the future.
For now use (in ICE.h or so):

# include <kdelibs_export.h>
#ifdef MAKE_KICE_LIB
# define KICE_EXPORT KDE_EXPORT
#else
# define KICE_EXPORT KDE_IMPORT
#endif

> Can't we merge kdelibs_export_win.h to
> kdecore/kdelibs_exports.h? I really would like to have only one file for
> this.

You have exactly one file to include, which in turn includes
kdelibs_export_win.h if needed:
# include <kdelibs_export.h>

kdelibs_export_win.h exists because it wasa annoying to non-win32 devs to
recompile very-low-level kdelibs_export.h all the time I checked sometimes not
related to their target. See 1: with automatic MAKE_**_LIB generation by bksys
the kdelibs_export_win.h will be probably removed, but not today.

--
regards / pozdrawiam,
  Jaroslaw Staniek / OpenOffice Polska