setting libsuffix on the command line

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Tue Nov 1 12:17:06 CET 2005

Hi,

in unix/detect_generic.py there is the following code, which enables to
specific a custom libsuffix. My question is for which this stuff is
required ?

		libsuffix       = ''
  	         if env.has_key('ARGS'): libsuffix=env['ARGS'].get('libsuffix', '')
  	         if not libsuffix:
  	                 if sys.platform == 'darwin':
  	                         libsuffix='.dylib'
  	                 else:
  	                         libsuffix='.so'
  	         env['LIBSUFFIXEXT'] = libsuffix

As far as I know does scons provide the shared lib suffix already in
env['SHLIBSUFFIX'] so that the above mentioned code would be obsolate or do I
have overseen something ?

Ralf