bksys/generic.py cleanup

Christian Ehrlicher Ch.Ehrlicher at gmx.de
Fri Dec 30 20:07:34 CET 2005

Ralf Habacker schrieb:

> Hi all,
>
> when I create a Makefile for qt's examples (for example
> examples\network\blockingfortuneclient) and compare the resulting
> preprocesser definitions I see three definitions, which are not covered
> by recent detect_qt4.py
>
> -DQT_DLL -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_NEEDS_QMAIN
>
> I suggest to set this in env['CXXFLAGS_QT']. Are there any problems to
> expect ?
QT_NEEDS_QMAIN is only for g++/win32 and borland - see windows.prf:
    win32-g++:DEFINES += QT_NEEDS_QMAIN
    win32-borland:DEFINES += QT_NEEDS_QMAIN

QT_THREAD_SUPPORT is only for win32 - but don't know if this isn't
obsolete - or can qt4 be build without thread support?
This define isn't used anywhere in qt4/src

QT_DLL win32 only too, only for libraries -> sets correct
__declspec(dllimport) but should work without too (only dllexport is
really needed)

Christian