The store on openSUSE

Duncan Mac-Vicar Prett duncan at kde.org
Sat Jan 29 18:19:14 CET 2011

I have been reading through the code in the client-services part of
the Garage thingy, to figure out the missing pieces to implement what
we more or less described during the AppStream meeting.

To my pleasure the client-services API is quite abstracted. Right now
the Application and Catalog interfaces are implemented for PackageKit
or OCS. For openSUSE the PackageKitCatalog is not needed (the
ApplicationManager uses PK anyway to install any Application type).

For openSUSE we need a kind of hybrid: the application list should
come from appdata.xml but the data from OCS. I guess the right
approach would be to implement a custom catalog that takes appdata.xml
from the zypper cache and delegates other stuff to OCSCatalog. For
Application class, I guess the OCSApplication can be used but the
catalog should return results for the ones present in appdata.xml
only.

Comments?

--
Duncan Mac-Vicar P.