[Kde-bindings] Update on PyKF5 bindings

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Thu May 19 21:44:47 UTC 2016

Luca Giambonini wrote:

> Hi Steve,
> I was waiting this moment for quite long time, thank you so much to work
> on this and to have provided already some ported modules.

Great, welcome and thanks for joining the effort!

Of course Shaheed deserves most of the credit for the sip_generator tool,
but I'm glad to be able to drive forward it to an eventual place in KDE.

> I tried to build PyKF5 from you git repository to start making some tests,
> but I get this error when parsing extra-cmake-modules:
>
> CMake Error at tests/CMakeLists.txt:62 (add_test_variant):
>  add_test_variant Macro invoked with incorrect arguments for macro named:
>  add_test_variant
> Call Stack (most recent call first):
>  tests/CMakeLists.txt:81 (add_test_macro)
>
> do you have an idea why this happens?
> I added -DBUILD_TESTING=OFF to your CMakeLists.txt  file (line 16) without
> success.
> maybe the line https://github.com/steveire/extra-cmake-modules/commit/

b6acbdaf560b58011c1559b00b5295916e041ead#diff-3dea97423f83302e647a3bab62bf1157R70
> is not satisfied and the pythonCommands is empty?

Yes, I think the find_package(PythonModuleGeneration) is failing for some
reason.

I've just added diagnostics for that to the ECM repo. Please try that out
now to see what error is reported.

Thanks,

Steve.