[Kde-bindings] Manual code for Py*5, update and plan

Shaheed Haque srhaque at theiet.org
Sun May 1 22:05:41 UTC 2016

Steve,

Having got the support in place for inject method-related manual code, I've
been looking at the type-related code, and to my surprise, it turns out
there is nearly 10 times as much of the later than the former.

Looking more deeply at what else is there, we have this in PyKDE4. First,
method-related stuff:

     84 %MethodCode

Then, type-related stuff:

     36 %ConvertFromTypeCode
     63 %ConvertToSubClassCode
     36 %ConvertToTypeCode
     36 %MappedType
      1 %TypeCode
   1095 %TypeHeaderCode

Naive forward ports of the above are either implemented (method stuff), or
in progress (type stuff). That leaves

      2 %Feature
      2 %ModuleCode
    252 %ModuleHeaderCode

Ignoring the 2 %Feature instances for now, that leaves 2+252 or 254
instances of manual module-related code. Have you considered how to address
those in the CMake workflow?

Thanks, Shaheed