[Kde-bindings] Excluding Private classes in Qt smoke modules

Chris Burel chrisburel at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 17:49:30 UTC 2015

I noticed that the smokeconfig.xml files have lines like this:
<signature>.*\(.*Private.*\).*</signature>

It seems the intention here is to exclude any Private class from winding up
in the smoke module.  However, the actual result is that only functions
that take a private class as an argument are excluded.  Field accessors are
not excluded.  In my recent smoke qtcore build, I have methods for:

QEventPrivate* QEvent::d()
QEvent::setD(QEventPrivate*)
QVariant::Private QVariant::d()
QVariant::setD(const QVariant::Private&)
QUrlPrivate& QUrl::data_ptr()

Of course, those classes are marked as external in the class list, but I
still think this is incorrect behavior.  I'd like to add some more
exclusion regexes to get all the private stuff out.  Does anyone disagree?
We can't just change it to .*Private.* becuase there's the
QChar::Category::Other_PrivateUse enum.

-Chris