[Kde-bindings] QtRuby & Korundum on KF5

Richard Dale richard.j.dale at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 16:43:35 UTC 2015

On 12/08/15 21:49, Arno Rehn wrote:
> Hi Mathieu,
>

> On 12/08/15 21:54, Mathieu Jobin wrote:
>> Hi Arno, Richard,
>>
>> How are you? I was curious about the status of using QtRuby on a system
>> with most application built on top of KF5 ? I tried integrating the
>> KatePart and KonsolePart but since kate and konsole are built on kf5, it
>> would not load.
> I'm afraid that the port to KF5 hasn't even begun yet. The underyling
> library, libsmoke, is not yet wrapping Qt5, too.
>
>> I also could not find if there is a mailing list, or some sort of
>> organized
>> community around the projet? where can I read more about it? How many
>> people working on it?
> though, no one is actively working on QtRuby or Korundum anymore. I
> might be wrong though.
>
> Richard, any news from you? :)

I'm afraid I haven't done anything since last year at the conference in
Brno. I missed the La Coruna Akademy this year. Here is where I think
the project has got to:

* The smokegen tool has been ported to Qt5.

* Most of the smoke libs for Qt5 generate and build, but I was stuck
with a compile error in one of the Qt libs that I couldn't fix

* The is some more work needed on the cmake stuff with the Qt5 smoke
modules to make it less hacky

* I was working on redoing the runtime generation of QMetaObjects to
build the current Qt5 version of them in the qtruby-3.0-qt5 branch of
QtRuby. Once signals and slots are working, I don't think QtRuby 3.0 for
Qt5 was that far off from being useful.

* I need to resubscribe to kde-bindings - I think this email will
bounce. I can't remember the email password for the email I used for
kde-bindings as it was on a laptop I had stolen. I'll try and re-subscribe.