[Kde-bindings] QtRuby & Korundum on KF5

Arno Rehn arno at arnorehn.de
Wed Aug 12 22:49:22 UTC 2015

On 12/08/15 23:05, Mathieu Jobin wrote:
> I was afraid kde-bindings would have lots of traffic for other languages,
> and ruby content would get somewhat submerged in it...
> but after looking at the archives, I see there is very little traffic.
>
> two other person asked last month about QtRuby on KF5 status.
> and one person asked a similar question in June about the Python equivalent.
>
> does our bottleneck is shared for both ruby and python?
> We both rely on smoke, right?
> Is there a team that usually takes on the ground base work for all other
> bindings?
No, the Python bindings are based off PyQt/SIP, while the Ruby ones rely
one smoke. Previously, other bindings were based on smoke as well: Qyoto
(Mono/C#) and the Perl ones, specifically. Qyoto is not developed
anymore (but a replacement project exists. I don't know the status of
the Perl bindings.