[Kde-bindings] PyKDE5 Naming

Scott Kitterman kde at kitterman.com
Sat Apr 18 23:18:21 UTC 2015

On Sunday, April 19, 2015 12:56:06 AM Luca wrote:
> In data sabato, 18 aprile 2015 12.38:44, Scott Kitterman ha scritto:
> > On Thursday, April 02, 2015 11:58:03 PM Scott Kitterman wrote:
> > > Given the Kf5/Plasma splitting that's been done, would it make more
> > > sense
> > > to have a PyKf5 that only provides bindings for Kf5 components and then
> > > once that's released, provide a separate set of bindings for Plasma 5?
> >
> > If anyone objects to this splitting (no one has so far), please speak up
> > as
> > I plan to do this.
>
> Don't know, as stated in the link below also libplasma is part of the
> framework: http://api.kde.org/frameworks-api/frameworks5-apidocs/

Right, but that's still part of Kf5, so it would be in PyKf5 in my plan.

> But most important is to have at least Tier 1 ready, then we can discuss how
> to continue.

Agree that's where to focus, but I also don't think we should release Tier 1
and then later rename it.  I don't that that given there's no KDE5, it's
Kf5/Plasma5/Applications, I don't think the name PyKDE5 makes sense.  We
should follow the path of what we're doing the bindings for.

Scott K