[Kde-bindings] twine2 (PyKDE5 code generator) parsing issues

Luca gluca86 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 22:48:07 UTC 2015

In data sabato, 18 aprile 2015 12.27:46, Scott Kitterman ha scritto:
> On Friday, April 17, 2015 09:24:13 PM Luca wrote:
> > Hello Scott,
> > I did some tests and I was able to build easily kconfig.
> >
> > The KCOREADDONS_DEPRECATED must be added to the qtkde5macros script. I
> > attached a patch I created, so you have an idea what I did.
>
> Thanks.  I committed your patch and extended it to cover this case as well.
>
> > For the other errors are very specific.
> > I found for instance that pointer are not handled correctly, and throw an
> > error.
> >
> > Also this line is problematic:
> > typedef void (QObject::* NotifyFunction)(quint64 arg);
> >
> > Seems also that also this line is not handled:
> > #ifndef KDE_NO_DEPRECATED
> > I looked in pplexer.py but seems that the #ifndef definition is managed,
> > don't know why this generates an error.
> >
> > You are working on the official repository?
> > I'm personally testing locally, I need this lib to port our SW to kf5 on
> > Chakra linux.
>
> Do you think these are problems in Sip, PyQt5, Qt, or Kf5?

I'm new to sip in general, so I don't know exactly where is the problem, but I
suspect that is related to the parsing scripts in twine2 where some conditions
are not handled correctly.
I was wrong with my last email, I was only able to prepare the .sip files of
the kconfig module. I figure out how to build it but seems that the python
result is not correct and the python interpreter is not able to detect it.

To generate correct .sip file twine2 is not enough, in fact every time I had
to:
1) call the twine2 script to generate the .sip file
2) modify the .c/.h sources if twine was not able to parse them, then repeat
point 1) until all error are fixed
3) compile the .sip file
4) manually add the comments (//ig //force //end) to skip line that break
compilation, then repeat point 3) again

Don't know if twine2 can be extended to improve this process, can be a huge
work.