[Kde-bindings] Problems found by the CI system

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Mon Mar 24 05:59:24 UTC 2014

Hi all,

It seems lately that people have been breaking builds and not fixing
the results, and some builds are extremely unreliable. It would be
appreciated if these could be fixed.

Frameworks folks, when pushing binary incompatible changes, please
ensure you push them to the frameworks in the correct order, and wait
for builds to complete before moving on to the next one.

I've now fixed, by issuing rebuilds, two recent Binary Compatability
breaches which caused kde-runtime among others to fail to build.

Bindings people, please investigate the failures in smokegen. This
tool is extremely unreliable in the CI environment and has failed many
times previously. It is currently causing smokekde to fail to build,
which in turn blocks perlkde, korundum and kimono.

If you need a backtrace, please let me know. From what I can tell,
this tool is incompatible with a Qt built in debug mode (ie. with
assertions enabled).

Baloo developers, please take a look at the failure in this log -
http://build.kde.org/view/FAILED/job/baloo_stable/80/console. When
referencing projects outside your own, it is imperative the correct
include statements are used in the CMake logic.

KDE Workspace devels, please do not attempt to host a framework within
a repository which then uses this framework. This prevents people
without a previous installation of it from being able to build it - an
environment the CI system provides. Packagers will be unable to build
it as well.

Thanks,
Ben