[Kde-bindings] Python bindings for KF5 ?

Simon Edwards simon at simonzone.com
Thu Jul 10 10:49:04 UTC 2014

Hello,

On 2014-07-08 16:58, François K. wrote:
> Now that KF5 is officially released, I can ask the question that
> haunts me since the first announce of KDE Frameworks :
>
> Will there be Python bindings ?

I've been slowly but steadily, chipping away at this problem.

The project is up here:

https://projects.kde.org/projects/kde/kdebindings/python/pykde5

The link to the git repository doesn't work for some reason, but the git
urls are almost the same as for PyKDE4. i.e.
git://anongit.kde.org/pykde5 Use the latest PyQt and SIP versions.

It is not well tested (but it should compile at least!), and currently
doesn't cover everything in KF5. Most of the tier 1 stuff is in there
though. If there are parts that are missing but you really need them,
then email me directly and I'll do them next.

I'll blog about the status of this all in a week or two.

cheers,

--
Simon Edwards
simon at simonzone.com