[Kde-bindings] [SmokeQt, Qt5] Qt5 and Qt4

Matthew Stickney mtstickney at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 04:51:53 UTC 2014

I've been doing some work on the Qt5 branch lately, and after speaking
with Richard Dale he's suggested that the ultimate goal is to produce
Qt5 bindings independent of Qt4 (i.e. libqt5core instead of
libqtcore). I've got to the point where all the Qt5 modules build to
the appropriate targets, but I'm not sure what to do about Qt4.

Is the idea that both Qt4 and Qt5 bindings will be built from the same
cmake code, or is the Qt5 branch going to be maintained separately? If
both bindings are to be built from the same code, is it reasonable to
require both Qt4 and Qt5 to be installed at build time, or do we need
to support either/or?

I can send the patches I've got so far if people want; I think there
is some overlap with one of Sylvain Joyeux's patches from last month
but I haven't looked closely.

-Matt Stickney