[Kde-bindings] Perl bindings

Chris Burel chrisburel at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 16:58:22 UTC 2014

Hi Isaac,
I wrote the perl bindings for Qt4.  I'd love to do it again for Qt5, but
there are a few things that make it difficult:

1) PerlQt is built on top of the smoke library.  This is the thing that is
responsible for parsing the Qt headers, and creating a library that is easy
for interpreted languages to work with.  Unfortunately, this library
doesn't currently support Qt5, although work is being done to make it
compatible.

2) I don't have as much time now as I did in 2008 when I started on
PerlQt4.  That's not to say I wouldn't work on it at all, but I would
probably not be able to contribute as much as I did then.

-Chris