[Kde-bindings] Building PyKDE with SIP v4.15.x

Simon Edwards simon at simonzone.com
Sat Sep 7 08:20:42 UTC 2013

Hello all,

I've worked through compile problems and fixed the private methods
problems that Phil warned about. It builds but I have not tested to see
if any of it really works.

@Phil I had to define SIP_PROTECTED_IS_PUBLIC via a compiler parameter
*and* also protected=public as a macro too. That seemed to be the trick.

The patch on this email applies to the latest kdebindings/pykde4 4.11
branch. It also requires SIP and PyQt snapshots. (I've built with
snapshots from a few days ago.) Could someone (ok, I'm looking at
Kubuntu ;-) ) give this patch a go and let me know what they find. If it
good then I'll commit it to KDE' 4.11 and trunk.

cheers,
Simon

--
Simon Edwards