[Kde-bindings] Install Windows Binaries

Dimitar Dobrev dpldobrev at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 26 13:37:11 UTC 2013

    Yes, it's QtCore only. It's been artificially configured to wrap only QtCore for now because managing dependencies between Qt modules is not that trivial a task and I haven't completed it yet. In Program.cs you can see this:

            foreach (string libFile in libFiles)
            {
                if (libFile == "libQt5Core.a")
                {
                    string module = Regex.Match(libFile, @"Qt\d?(?<module>\w+)\.\w+$").Groups["module"].Value;
                    ConsoleDriver.Run(new QtSharp(qmake, makePath, headers, module, libs, libFile));
                }
            }
   This hacky check allows only QtCore through. I'd recommend leaving it for now.

   About tasks, here's one: compile the generated files. For independence of the build system, I've been thinking about using System.CodeDom which has an API for compiling a project from source files. You can see an example in the code of the old Qyoto  at https://projects.kde.org/projects/kde/kdebindings/csharp/assemblygen/repository/revisions/master/entry/src/main.cs, starting at line 282. However, please note that System.CodeDom is obsolete and while it works, It would be better if there was a newer alternative. This is why this task also includes some research. As a starting point you could check if NRefactory (https://github.com/icsharpcode/NRefactory/)can do the same and if so, it'd be a better choice that CodeDom.

    Good luck,
    Dimitar