[Kde-bindings] [qtruby] − i18n & installTranslator

Renaud Aubin root at renaud.io
Tue Jun 11 19:58:53 UTC 2013

Hi folks,

I'm currently using qtruby master from anongit and as a french native I
would like to use Qt's i18n mechanism to develop in english and add the
fr translation to my project as usual.
I know Qt C++ basis and I'm a happy developer with ruby! As a
consequence, I tried to use load / installTranslator but failed (load
returns true, installTranslator returns nil).

I found some related information (from 2007):
* Here is an open ticket on rubyforge:
http://rubyforge.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=12636&group_id=181&atid=759

* i18n-related post on the rubyforge forum:
http://rubyforge.org/forum/forum.php?thread_id=10992&forum_id=723

Six years later, it seems that installTranslator does not work yet.
Could you help me by confirming that installTranslator is not functional
yet?
Could you help me by pointing out some of the involved code?

Best Regards,

Renaud