[Kde-bindings] Qyoto & F#

Gour gour at atmarama.net
Tue Jul 9 11:21:03 UTC 2013

On Tue, 9 Jul 2013 01:36:34 -0700 (PDT)
Dimitar Dobrev <dpldobrev at yahoo.com> wrote:

Hello Dimitar,

>     1. There are no examples with Qt and F# but the Qyoto classes are
> regular .NET classes so you would use time as any other; for example,
> you could find a WPF or Windows Forms example in F# and translate
> that to Qyoto;

OK, but bear in mind that the whole .NET/Mono is quite new for me. :-)

> 2. Qyoto is now mostly stable; however, I've put its
> development indefinitely on hold because I've decided to rebase it on
> SWIG instead of SMOKE; that is a lot of work for which I need much
> time I cannot afford in the foreseeable future;

Hmm...that's interesting considering that some projects like wxpython
gave up on SWIG and embraced SIP (from PyQt project).

Are you sure SWIG will be good enough for such project?

>     3. There is no support for Qt 5 and as far as I am concerned,
> there will not be until the migration to SWIG is complete.

OK.

Sincerely,
Gour

--
Even if you are considered to be the most sinful of all sinners,
when you are situated in the boat of transcendental knowledge