[Kde-bindings] question about the hello.cpp example

John J Foerch jjfoerch at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 11 03:16:30 UTC 2013

Hello,

I have been studying the example program hello.cpp from
http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Languages/Smoke#hello.cpp as I
develop a set of Qt/Smoke bindings for my favorite Scheme dialect, and
there is one thing about the program that has me mightily confused.

qtcoreBinding and qtguiBinding seem to be used almost interchangeably.
The QApplication constructor is looked up in qtcore, but at the end of
the program, the destructor is looked up in qtgui.  The "set smoke
binding" call for both qapp and widget use qtgui, and nothing uses
qtcore.  In my experiments in my scheme implementation of this program,
I have found that I can completely remove all references to qtcore in
the program and use qtgui instead, and it still works, but not the other
way around.

What is the relationship between these two modules?  Does qtgui contain
qtcore?  Are they both needed in this program, or in any program that
uses qtgui?  Can anybody clarify?

Thank you,

--
John Foerch