[Kde-bindings] qtbindings and ruby 2.0 on windows

Richard Dale richard.dale at telefonica.net
Fri Apr 5 09:07:09 UTC 2013

On 03/04/2013 04:17 PM, Melton, Ryan wrote:
> Hi James,
>
> The qtbindings gem doesn't support Ruby 2.0 yet.    Unfortunately Ruby 2.0 broke binary compatibility so for my windows gem I'd have to bundle 1.8, 1.9, and 2.0 binaries into what is already a really big gem.   I'm thinking I will probably create a qtbindings2 gem to cover Ruby 2.0+ support.
>
> It will probably be a couple of months before I get to that though.   If anyone wants to get it working before then and submit a pull request I'll happily incorporate it. :)
>
> Also - I still follow this list... Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be much going on with Ruby here anymore though.
I'm sorry I am a bit to blame for being so inactive. I haven't
completely stopped working on qtruby 3.0 and last did a bit of work in
November last year. QtRuby 3.0 will need to work with ruby 2.0 from its
first release and I'll try and see if I can install and and build
against it. Then see what would be involved for getting QtRuby 2.x and
qtbindings working with ruby 2.0.

-- Richard