[Kde-bindings] SMOKEv4 proposals

Arno Rehn arno at arnorehn.de
Sat Sep 8 20:09:41 UTC 2012

On 08/09/12 21:59, Dimitar Dobrev wrote:
> Yes, this is what I meant, connecting to the destroyed() signal so
> that actions analogous to the actions now taken in
> SmokeBinding::deleted are performed. About the argument names, it
> isn't that big a deal for me, even more so as I have a patch for the
> other way too, save for string interning. It's just that we have a
> working solution for this, unlike Qt 5 or the above mentioned
> connection to destroyed(), etc., so in my opinion this should have
> the least priority.
I'd just rather get it right as early as possible. Smokegen's parser
part isn't really a shining example of proper design and I don't intend
to make that mistake again ;)

> You haven't mentioned anything about that small document about how
> bindings should change for the new SMOKE, do you believe it'd be
> useful?
Ah yes, of course. I think it'll be straight forward, mostly. But I'll
make sure there is a guide sort of thing that explains it again.