[Kde-bindings] The obsolete Qyoto repository

Arno Rehn arno at arnorehn.de
Thu May 31 16:42:34 UTC 2012

On 31/05/12 10:29, Dimitar Dobrev wrote:
> Arno, people continue using the obsolete Qyoto repo at https://projects.kde.org/projects/kde/kdebindings/csharp/qyoto/repository. Could you please delete it and either replace it with assemblygen or at least add a link to assemblygen on gitorious?
> I've just got a patch on the old qyoto that fixes marshalling of long long, something that I can see has been fixed in assemblygen for a long time. That is, the guy has worked for nothing, as Steven did in the beginning (and others as well).
I'm not sure if it's possible or a good idea to remove a whole project
from a KDE major release line.
The assemblygen stuff is not binary compatible with the old Qyoto, so we
can't simply replace it in the KDE4 line. People apparently still use
the old stuff.

Once we move to KDE Frameworks 5, I'll (re-)move it instantly, but until
then it has to stay, I think.

It might be best to put a big DEPRECATED marker in the repo, so that
people won't continue working on it.