[Kde-bindings] Building latest qyoto under Windows and Linux

Steven Boswell II ulatekh at yahoo.com
Sat May 12 18:50:25 UTC 2012

Today I decided to try to build latest smokegen/smokeqt/assemblygen under Windows and Linux.
smokegen, i.e. git://anongit.kde.org/smokegen, and smokeqt, i.e. git://anongit.kde.org/smokeqt, built and linked under both Windows 7 and Fedora Core 16 just fine.

But when building assemblygen, i.e.git://gitorious.org/assemblygen/assemblygen.git, "assemblies" branch, I get the same build error immediately, under both OSes:

GeneratorData.cs(220,98): error CS0117: `System.Environment.SpecialFolder' does not contain a definition for `Windows'

Getting that error under Linux didn't surprise me, but getting it under Windows did.

Diking that line out and continuing to build, I get to building qyoto-qtcore.dll.  I get 260 "Won't wrap method" warnings and 65 "Conflicting names" messages, then I get a bunch of errors that say "error CS0305: Using the generic type `System.Action<T1,T2,T3,T4>' requires `4' type argument(s)".  One example of a line that generates such an error is:

        [Q_SIGNAL("rowsAboutToBeMoved(QModelIndex,int,int,QModelIndex,int)")]
        event System.Action<QModelIndex,System.Int32,System.Int32,QModelIndex,System.Int32> RowsAboutToBeMoved;

I'm guessing there's a 'System.Action<T1,T2,T3,T4>' now, but my version of Qt (4.8.1-5) doesn't have that.

So...does anyone know what to do about these?  The first error appears to be real; the second one appears to want a different version of Qt.  What version of Qt should I be using?

Steven Boswell