[Kde-bindings] Qyoto: Help needed

Dimitar Dobrev dpldobrev at yahoo.com
Sat May 5 19:36:53 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I'd like to list the 3 blocking Qyoto bugs I've found. I don't have enough time to fix them all on my own so hopefully somebody will be willing to help:

1. Calling PrinterName() on a QPrinterInfo obtained through QPrinterInfo.AvailablePrinter() crashes about 60 % of the time; here is a complete stack trace from a Linux box (happens on Windows too);
2. Using QAbstractTableModel causes frequent crashes because a QEvent (or a subclass of QEvent) instance is passed where a QModelIndex is expected thus causing an InvalidCast. The problem is that a wrong object is returned from the cache because commenting out mapPointer(obj, o, o->classId, 0); in branch "assemblies", in assemblygen/assemblies/qyoto-qtcore/native/handlers.cpp -> marshall_basetype, causes the error to disappear. The problem may be that a wrong pointer is returned in this piece in the same method:
                p = construct_copy( o );
            if (p != 0) {
                o->ptr = p;
                o->allocated = true;
            }
    , because mapPointer is a very simple method and it seems unlikely that anything might go wrong in there;
3. QTableView.SelectionModel.SelectedRows(), QTableView.SelectionModel.SelectedIndexes(), QTableView.SelectionModel.Selection().Indexes() all return invalid QModelIndexes when there is a valid selection - apparently there is some problem marshalling QModelIndexList.

Any assistance is appreciated. Thanks.