[Kde-bindings] Qyoto: Patch - generate argument names from external files

Arno Rehn arno at arnorehn.de
Tue Mar 20 13:10:58 UTC 2012

Sorry for the delay. Finally I found some time to look at this.

On Tuesday 28 February 2012 14:00:15 Dimitar Dobrev wrote:
> The same generation of argument names in Qyoto is now done by storing the
> names in external files. There are 3 patches: 1. For SMOKE - the writing of
> argument names to external files;
> 2. For SMOKE Qt - the deployment of these files to the lib destination (so
> that they are always accompanied by their corresponding libs and thus easy
> to find); 3. For assemblygen - read the names from the external files and
> no longer from the SMOKE lib.
>
> Because I reused some code from the previous, in-lib, solution, these
> patches must be applied on top of the old ones. Sorry if this is an
> inconvenience.
This is better, but it still breaks binary compatibility by introducing a new
instance variable to the smoke class. If possible, please don't change
anything in the smoke lib itself. If we install the argument names file in a
standard location, like /usr/share/smoke/qtcore-args, then apps can look there
by default and maybe have the possibility to override this on the command
line.
But I really would like to keep the Smoke lib as it is, for now.
The next time we break BC in SMOKE, we should do it properly and introduce
PImpl so we can add functionality as we like.