[Kde-bindings] How to build Ruby KDE Bindings on Windows

Dennis dennisonic at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 00:04:39 UTC 2012

Hi

I would like to build Ruby Qt Bindings on Windows against Qt 4.8.0.
I have spent 2 days on trying to build the Ruby binding by building the
smokegen and smokeqt deps with no luck.

Unfortunately I do not have much C++/cmake/MinGW experience.

Please help.

Currently Qt Bindings is not very usable on Windows, the qtbindings gem
only provides the bindings for Qt 4.6 which is kind of old.
It does not compile against Qt 4.8 and the binary gem version for
--platform=mswin32 only works with 1.9.2 of the 1.9 series, it does not
work with the latest Ruby 1.9.3 -- which has some performance improvements.