[Kde-bindings] Qyoto on Windows - interest and feedback

Dimitar Dobrev dpldobrev at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 10 21:39:25 UTC 2012

    Sorry, my e-mail client got bugged and sent the mail prematurely. Here are the instructions:

    1. Install QtSDK;
    2. Add C:\QtSDK\mingw\bin and C:\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\<Qt_version>\mingw\bin to your PATH;
    3. Install CMake;
    4. Copy C:\QtSDK\mingw\bin\* to C:\QtSDK\mingw\libexec\gcc\mingw32\4.4.0\ (version may vary);
    5. Check out smokegen: git clone git://anongit.kde.org/smokegen;
    6. Check out smokeqt: git clone git://anongit.kde.org/smokeqt;
    7. Check out assemblygen: git clone git://anongit.kde.org/assemblygen ;

    for each in smokegen, smokeqt, assemblygen (in this order):
    1. Run cmake-gui - select the dir with the checked out source and
the desired dir for binaries; use MinGW and specify
C:\QtSDK\mingw\bin\gcc.exe as the C compiler and
C:\QtSDK\mingw\bin\g++.exe as the C++ compiler;
    2. Fill in the CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE: "Release" or "Debug"; leaving it empty produced some strange half-debug version;
    3. Configure - when it complains about QT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE, set it
to the location of qmake.exe
(C:\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\<version>\mingw\bin\qmake.exe, for example)
by browsing through the GUI;
    4. On the command line, cd to the dir through the command line and run "C:\QtSDK\mingw\bin\mingw32-make.exe install".

    Note about assemblygen: if it cannot find the SMOKE libs, go to
the libs/ subdir of your installation dir (specified in
CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX) and copy all smoke*.dll files to your CMAKE binary dir for assemblygen (or add the libs/ subdir to your PATH).