[Kde-bindings] Smoke bindings for Qt5

Richard Dale richard.dale at telefonica.net
Tue Apr 10 18:41:43 UTC 2012

On Tuesday, April 10, 2012 07:34:58 PM Arno Rehn wrote:
> On 09/04/12 20:16, Richard Dale wrote:
> > I've been building Qt5 from the git repo this Easter holiday and i was
> > wondering if anyone had started working on generating Smoke libraries for
> > it yet?
> >
> > We we do start should it be in the kde smokeqt repo as another branch or
> > should we give it a different name like 'smokeqt5' for instance?
>
> I actually wanted to wait for the Qt5 beta; then its API should be
> reasonable stable, too.
> But maybe we should start earlier rather than later :) However I haven't
> attempted to build Qt5 yet.
I'm keen to make sure that there are no 'nasty surprises' in the Qt5
QMetaObject format. At the Qt Contributor's Summit last year we did discuss
QMetaObject wrt to bindings, and I don't think they were proposing to make big
changes and it all sounded fine. But if we found any problems at the alpha
stage they would be easier to get fixed than if we wait until Qt5 has gone
beta.