[Kde-bindings] Re: Building on Mac OS X

Ben Skelton ben.skelton at chestnut-tree-cafe.org
Mon Mar 7 15:20:25 UTC 2011

Hi Arno,

I've cleaned out all of my compiled from source QT and have installed the Framework from the Nokia site. I have also installed qwt 5.2.1.

* smokegen builds only with a few compiler warnings (just like before)...no worries
* smokeqt chugs along fine until it hits phonon and then throws a wobbly:

> /Users/benskelton/Desktop/smokeqt/phonon/x_10.cpp: In static member function ‘static void __smokephonon::x_QGlobalSpace::x_1(Smoke::StackItem*)’:
> /Users/benskelton/Desktop/smokeqt/phonon/x_10.cpp:18: error: ‘Q_COMPLEX_TYPE’ was not declared in this scope
> /Users/benskelton/Desktop/smokeqt/phonon/x_10.cpp: In static member function ‘static void __smokephonon::x_QGlobalSpace::x_2(Smoke::StackItem*)’:
> /Users/benskelton/Desktop/smokeqt/phonon/x_10.cpp:21: error: ‘Q_PRIMITIVE_TYPE’ was not declared in this scope
<snip>

This looks like the same set of errors I first got when trying to compile with a Framework a while back.

grep finds Q_COMPLEX_TYPE declared in /Library/Frameworks/QtCore.framework/Headers/qglobal.h

If I run cmake with the verbose makefile option I see that QtCore headers are included and I can confirm that they are in the right place.

I remember reading on the list once about smoke perhaps not following symlinks correctly. /Library/Frameworks/QtCore.framework/Headers is a symlink to /Library/Frameworks/QtCore.framework/Versions/4/Headers. I removed the symlink, cleaned ./phonon nut still get the error.

Strangely there are also a lot of undefined symbols such as 'LicensedSql', 'LicensedOpenGL', etc. grep doesn't find these symbols in any of the installed headers.

I checked CMakeCache.txt to check that cmake is picking up the correct framework installed QT and not some stray left over somewhere. Everything looks fine there.

Any ideas what to try?

cheers,
--Ben