[Kde-bindings] Re: Modularization and other languages' bindings (was: The Future of our Frameworks)

Arne Babenhauserheide arne_bab at web.de
Fri Jun 10 22:33:52 UTC 2011

On Monday 06 June 2011 21:05:41 Luca Beltrame wrote:
> In data Monday 06 June 2011 19:26:38, Sebastian Kügler ha scritto:
>
> (I took the liberty of adding kde-bindings to the CC of tihs specific topic)
>
> > We want to make it possible to use our frameworks in Qt projects without
> > significant additional dependencies. This means:

> The reason is simple: those too contribute to lowering the barrier of entry
> for developers, especially the audience that has not a C++ programming
> background. If things are adjusted (without breaking things), it would be a
> perfect opportunity to involve the bindings people in the process.

Having i.e. PyKDE more modular would be great for me, too.

I love using it, and it would be useful to have a way to distribute it with a
simple app in a nice and lean binary (if that still exists, I’m sorry for the
noise…) - or to be able to tell a GNU/Linux distritution that I need only
KUniqeApplication and IconLoader and have it install only a small subset of
PyKDE.

Best wishes,
Arne