[Kde-bindings] Re: qtruby: problem communicating ruby-defined objects via properties

Sven Moritz Hallberg hallberg at pre-sense.de
Wed Jun 1 17:26:37 UTC 2011

On 06/01/2011 04:55 PM, Sven Moritz Hallberg wrote:
> On 05/31/2011 10:21 PM, Richard Dale wrote:
>>> note foo.bar being printed as QVariant(rObject) instead of Bar.
>> I think it needs to be exposed as a QObject or maybe a QObject wrapped inside
>> a QVariant. The QML runtime doesn't know anything about about rObjects.
>
> that's what i figure, too. afaict it should be a QVariant containing *some*
> other type than rObject. alas, i'm stumped on what exactly. do we need to
> register a type? or is it enough to use something generic?
> (QMetaType::QObjectStar maybe?!) and then, how to actually create this
> QVariant object? i can't see through the forest of constructors.

solved it! see attached...

Sven Moritz Hallberg                      hallberg at pre-sense.de
                                  Tel. +49 - 40 - 244 2407 - 28
                                  Fax  +49 - 40 - 244 2407 - 24
PRESENSE Technologies GmbH            Sachsenstr. 5, D-20097 HH
                                         USt-IdNr.: DE263765024
Geschäftsführer/Managing Directors       AG Hamburg, HRB 107844
Till Dörges           Jürgen Sander              Axel Theilmann