[Kde-bindings] building qtruby/smokeqt with QtDeclarative

Sven Moritz Hallberg hallberg at pre-sense.de
Wed Jan 26 15:11:20 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'm trying to build the qtruby bindings from the git repository at
git://anongit.kde.org/qtruby. Specifically, I'm looking to try out the
QtDeclarative stuff.

Unfortunately I seem to be missing something. I've built Qt 4.7.1 from source
and it installed itself to /usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.7.1 . I'm not exactly
sure how to tell the build process about that. What I've tried is setting
QTDIR=/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.7.1 in the environment.

I've found out that I need to build smokegen and smokeqt first. I've done that
(cmake, make, make install) and it seems to have worked.

However, when I build qtruby, it skips the QtDeclarative module. Tracking it
down, I noticed that smokeqt already skipped it and I'm not sure why. Here's
what I get from cmake:

smokeqt$ rm CMakeCache.txt; QTDIR=/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.7.1 cmake .
-- The C compiler identification is GNU
-- The CXX compiler identification is GNU
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc -- works
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
-- Looking for Q_WS_X11
-- Looking for Q_WS_X11 - found
-- Looking for Q_WS_WIN
-- Looking for Q_WS_WIN - not found.
-- Looking for Q_WS_QWS
-- Looking for Q_WS_QWS - not found.
-- Looking for Q_WS_MAC
-- Looking for Q_WS_MAC - not found.
-- Found Qt-Version 4.7.1 (using /usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.7.1/bin/qmake)
-- Looking for _POSIX_TIMERS
-- Looking for _POSIX_TIMERS - found
-- checking for modules 'QUIET;qimageblitz'
--   package 'QUIET' not found
--   package 'qimageblitz' not found
-- Could NOT find QImageBlitz  (missing:  QIMAGEBLITZ_INCLUDES
QIMAGEBLITZ_LIBRARIES)
-- Unable to find Phonon
-- Checking how Qt was built...
-- Threshold is set to 10
-- QT_NO_DEBUG *Undefined*
-- QT_NO_BUTTONGROUP *Undefined*
-- QT_NO_COLORDIALOG *Undefined*
-- QT_NO_DATETIMEEDIT *Undefined*
-- QT_NO_DIALOG *Undefined*
-- QT_NO_ERRORMESSAGE *Undefined*
-- QT_NO_FILEDIALOG *Undefined*
-- QT_NO_FONTDIALOG *Undefined*
-- QT_NO_GROUPBOX *Undefined*
-- QT_NO_LCDNUMBER *Undefined*
-- QT_NO_LINEEDIT *Undefined*
-- QT_NO_LISTVIEW *Undefined*
-- QT_NO_MAINWINDOW *Undefined*
-- QT_NO_MENUBAR *Undefined*
-- QT_NO_MESSAGEBOX *Undefined*
-- QT_NO_PRINTDIALOG *Undefined*
-- QT_NO_PROGRESSBAR *Undefined*
-- QT_NO_PROGRESSDIALOG *Undefined*
-- QT_NO_PUSHBUTTON *Undefined*
-- QT_NO_RADIOBUTTON *Undefined*
-- QT_NO_SCROLLBAR *Undefined*
-- QT_NO_SLIDER *Undefined*
-- QT_NO_STYLE_PLASTIQUE *Undefined*
-- QT_NO_STYLE_WINDOWSXP [Defined]
-- QT_NO_STYLE_WINDOWS *Undefined*
-- QT_NO_STYLE_MAC [Defined]
-- QT_NO_STYLE_CLEANLOOKS *Undefined*
-- QT_NO_TABLEVIEW *Undefined*
-- QT_NO_TEXTBROWSER *Undefined*
-- QT_NO_TEXTEDIT *Undefined*
-- QT_NO_TOOLBUTTON *Undefined*
-- Build SMOKEQT4 bindings:
Qt3Support;QtDBus;QtGui;QtHelp;QtNetwork;QtOpenGL;QtScript;QtSql;QtSvg;QtTest;QtUiTools;QtWebKit;QtXml;QtXmlPatterns
-- Skip SMOKEQT4 bindings:
Phonon;QImageBlitz;QScintilla;QtDeclarative;QtMultimedia;Qwt

-- The following OPTIONAL packages could NOT be located on your system.
-- Consider installing them to enable more features from this software.
   * QImageBlitz  <http://www.kde.org>
     QImageBlitz library
     Needed to compile QImageBlitz bindings
   * Qwt5 for Qt4  <http://qwt.sourceforge.net>
     Qwt5 libraries for Qt4
     Needed to compile Qwt5 bindings
   * Phonon  <http://www.kde.org>
     Phonon multimedia framework
     Needed to compile Phonon bindings
   * QScintilla2  <http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/software/qscintilla/intro>
     QScintilla2 libraries
     Needed to compile QScintilla2 bindings

-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: /home/hallberg/Desktop/smokeqt

Any hints would be greatly appreciated.
TIA

Sven Moritz Hallberg                      hallberg at pre-sense.de
                                   Tel. +49 - 40 / 244 24 07-28
                                   Fax  +49 - 40 / 244 24 07-24
PRESENSE Technologies GmbH            Sachsenstr. 5, D-20097 HH
                                         USt-IdNr.: DE263765024
Geschäftsführer/Managing Directors       AG Hamburg, HRB 107844
Till Dörges           Jürgen Sander              Axel Theilmann