[Kde-bindings] Using KAuth in a KDModule written in pykde

simgunz simgunz at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 19:30:04 UTC 2011

Hi all,
I'm writing a KCModule with pykde and I need to use KAuth but I haven't
found documentation about it (there is documentation only for the C++
version).

So I want to ask how can I write an helper for the 'save' function, how can
I use it from the KCModule and how can I register the action through the
cmake file.

In particular in the C++ version at the end of the helper file you should
put this macro for generating a main

KDE4_AUTH_HELPER_MAIN("org.kde.auth.example", MyHelper)

but how can I do this in pykde? Is this macro working?

Is this cmake macro working even for a python file?

kde4_install_auth_helper_files(kauth_example_helper org.kde.auth.example
root)

When i call action.setArguments(helperargs) I should pass a QVariantMap
(helperargs) by reference, but how can I do this in python since all the
parameter are passed by value?

Thanks