[Kde-bindings] Re: Smokegen core dump

Alberto Villa avilla at freebsd.org
Thu Feb 24 02:34:10 UTC 2011

On Wednesday 23 February 2011 22:49:25 Michael Jansen wrote:
> Now i have it again. No idea why it went thought at that time. What i
can now
> tell is that i am able to make it work by adding a newline at the end of
> attica_includes.h. If a remote that again it coredumps again.

we have this problem as well on freebsd (though i can reproduce it only
on i386, while another user gets it on amd64). we detected it for the
first time in rc1

> I got the idea because the line number shown was 23 (last in that file)
and
> the problem seems to be related to smokegen going over a upper
limit.

adding the newline didn't help, so we've tried applying the attached
patch. the build is proceeding successfully (though i doubt on the
correctness of the parsing), but we see lots of lines like this
(qDebug()ged)...

strings()->size(): 154, m_index: 2779096485

...with different numbers most of the time. most requested indexes are
below the limit (qstringlist size), but some of them are really insane. i
should also mention that the numbers change on different builds

but, as i said, the build is going on. obviously this patch is certainly not
the fix, it just silences the symptoms...
http://people.FreeBSD.org/~avilla

The story you are about to hear is true.
Only the names have been changed to protect the innocent.