[Kde-bindings] Re: Notes on building on Mac OS X

Arno Rehn arno at arnorehn.de
Fri Feb 18 14:05:17 UTC 2011

On Friday 18 February 2011 11:02:34 Ben Skelton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been having some trouble in building smokeqt on the mac.
>
> One thing that I have noticed is that if Qt is installed as a Framework
> instead of a traditional unix /usr/include, /usr/lib file structure then
> smokegen will not parse the headers correctly. This is perhaps because of
> frameworks use two include locations. This means you cannot use the Nokia
> built SDK. No big deal - I've been successful (to a point) with both a mac
> ports qt-devel installation and building qt from sources.
>
> Unfortunately, the build still fails when linking libsmokeqtgui.dylib.
> Interestingly it can't find symbols that you might expect should be there
> - macMenu for example.
>
> Any thoughts or guidance on what I can try to resolve the below
> appreciated.
I could add some workarounds for OS X builds that skip QAccessibleBridgePlugin
and QMenu::macMenu. That doesn't seem like an ideal solution though.

Can you do the OS X equivalent of

$ objdump -Tt /usr/lib/libQtGui.so | c++filt | grep QAccessibleBridgePlugin ?

If this doesn't print anything, then OS X Qt builds simply don't include this
class, for whatever reason.

arno at arnorehn.de