[Kde-bindings] QDialog.Exec problem much improved

Dimitar Dobrev dpldobrev at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 17 16:44:10 UTC 2011

With my latest Qyoto, either because of Qt 4.8 (doubtful) or because of Steven's patches I almost do not have a problem with QDialog.Exec, regardless of whether I use Sender() or not. The samples I sent work OK now. The "almost" is because in my real app I use menu icons and if I set more than one icon it still crashes on QDialog.Exec if a QAction from the menu is activated. I'll investigate it later, in the mean time here is how I create my QIcons:

            using (QIODevice resourceStream = resourceAssembly.GetManifestResourceStream (resourceName)) {
                QPixmap pixmap = new QPixmap ();
                pixmap.LoadFromData (resourceStream.ReadAll ());
                return pixmap;
            }

The resource is absolutely sure to be valid (all icons actually appear in the menu) so something else is wrong.

Also, Steven, on my machine copy/cut/paste work properly all ways (Qyoto app to other app, other app to Qyoto app, Qyoto app to Qyoto app). I didn't try it before Qt 4.8 and I have no idea if it worked then.