[Kde-bindings] Viability of Qyoto

Steven Boswell II ulatekh at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 16 14:37:04 UTC 2011

Yeah, I'm getting tired of it too.  The change you recommended got past that crash, but now it dies in my Ui_Setup() function when it tries to create the first user-interface element (a QAction, in this case).  Another thing I noticed, from the gdb call stack, is that it seems to be running the .NET 2.0.50727 runtime, even though I have the 3.5 runtime selected in MonoDevelop, and I'm using the 3.5 compiler in assemblygen.

I can't tell you how much I want to recommend to my workplace that we build our app using Qt/Qyoto, but at the rate this is going, I'm probably going to have to panic and learn WinForms really quickly.  Qyoto running only under Linux is fine for the app I'm building at home, but that's not good enough for the app I'm building at work.

I guess we have to wait until Arno has time to help track down these bugs, or until he takes the time to add source-code comments to his code, if ever.

Seriously...how did any open-source project ever come into being without adequate developer documentation?  I can only speak for myself, but my main open-source project (a temporal analog-video denoiser called y4mdenoise, part of the mjpegtools project) is heavily documented.  I consider developer documentation an unspoken requirement, but clearly I'm in the minority.

Steven Boswell