[Kde-bindings] GDB to debug Qyoto under Windows?

Dimitar Dobrev dpldobrev at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 9 09:44:54 UTC 2011

I actually tried GDB last night but it didn't find any debugging symbols even though I set -g and Debug in CMake. Anyway, you may have more luck:
1. For each in smokegen, smokeqt, assemblygen:
    - open the CMake configuration;
    - set CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE to "Debug" (this should be enough but as symbols were not found I also tried setting CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS to -g, then -ggdb and then -ggdb -c - none of them helped);
    - build;
2. Run the pathetic Windows command line;
3. cd to the path with the managed executable reproducing the error;
4. Run C:\QtSDK\mingw\bin\gdb <managed.exe>.

... and from then on the standard work-flow.

I don't have a guess what went wrong on my machine. All libs grew more than twice in size so debugging symbols were apparently generated. I was actually already thinking about just working around the Sender() issue (say, with QSignalMappers) and moving on because way too much time passed with this damn thing.