[Kde-bindings] Questions about pykde .sip files

Golnaz Nilieh golnaz.nilieh at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 12:48:22 UTC 2011

Hello,

I would like to contribute in PyKDE4 development, And have some question
about .sip files in the repository.

I noticed that kdepim libraries are not yet ported to pykde (except
akonadi), Can I start doing the job or there is a special reason for
postponing it?

In the heading of .sip files, I found the line "Generated by twine". But I
didn't found any docs to learn how to use it. I just found twin2 source code
here ( http://gitorious.org/twine2 ). Should I add something to twine
sources for generating kdepim libraries?

In KDE repository, for example, kdecore is divided into 17 directories, but
in PyKDE, we have a kdecore module that consists of sip files from all those
directories. Is there a convention to have 1 level of modules like this, or
it is possible to create a second level, to have more symmetry with KDE
structure?

Thanks for your help

Golnaz Nilieh