[Kde-bindings] Re: Documenting PyKDE4's bindings generation

Luca Beltrame einar at heavensinferno.net
Wed Apr 27 10:30:58 UTC 2011

(please add me to the CC, as I'm not subscribed to kde-bindings -yet-)

> If this is happening then the design/implementation of pyuic4 needs to be
> changed. What does pykdeuic4 do that can't be done with pyuic4's existing
> plugin mechanism?

I'm not familiar on how pyuic4 works (is there some documentation, even
docstrings?). I know that pykdeuic4, as shown here:

https://projects.kde.org/projects/kde/kdebindings/pykde4/repository/revisions/master/entry/tools/pykdeuic4/pykdeuic4.py

subclasses qtproxies.i18n_string to use KDE's own i18n rather than Qt's tr().

This is usually the part that breaks (I fixed it twice in the past months). Do
you have any suggestions on how to implement this properly?