[Kde-bindings] Re: qtruby and active record in ruby 1.9

Richard Dale richard.dale at codethink.co.uk
Thu Apr 21 20:29:13 UTC 2011

On Thursday, April 21, 2011 06:00:41 PM Alex wrote:
> Thanks for looking into it, it would be great to be able to use both of
> these powerful libraries in the same app.
If I can, I'll finally get round to fixing the bug you have reported with QtRuby
2.x.

> I'm curious what is slated for the 3.0 rewrite?
I'll try and write a blog about it soon. It isn't quite a rewrite, but at the
least it is a major refactor. It will still be based on the 'smoke' libraries,
but each qt library will have a corresponding Ruby extension - eg qtcore,
qtgui etc. I am hoping that the code will be a lot easier to understand - the
current QtRuby code has got into a bit of a mess.

 I am starting by porting the code from the JSmoke QtScript binding to QtRuby.
Once I have a small 'kernel' compiling I will check  it in to a 'qtruby-3.0'
branch in the KDE qtruby git repo.